Liverpool submit first bid worth £35m for Marc Guehi as Crystal Palace weigh up selling the star with just days left of the transfer window
Liverpool have submitted an initial offer to Crystal Palace for central defender Marc Guehi .
The Reds first contacted Palace over a potential deal weeks ago, with Arne Slot viewing the England international as a successor to the struggling Ibrahima Konate .
The Eagles have now received an official bid from Liverpool worth £35million flat from Liverpool for Guehi, according to The Athletic, but are yet to respond.
The 25-year-old is said to be keen on a move to the Premier League champions and, with less than a year left on his contract, has no intention of signing a new deal keeping him at Selhurst Park.
Club officials in Merseyside are however yet to reach an agreement with Guehi over personal terms.
Having already lost talesman Eberechi Eze to Arsenal , the sale of their skipper would come as a huge blow to Palace fans so close to the end of the window.
Liverpool have submitted an initial offer worth £35million for Crystal Palace captain Marc Guehi

Arne Slot views the Englishman as a successor to Ibrahima Konate, whose contract is up at the end of the season

But the Eagles' chairman Steve Parish is resigned to the fact that that he may be left with little choice but to let Guehi go if the club receive a suitable offer for him.
Oliver Glasner was particularly coy about the prospect of Guehi's sale after his side's qualification for the Europa Conference League against Fredrikstad on Thursday.
Replying to a question about his captain's future, the Austrian said: 'It's very important [he's playing], I'm speaking to Marc every day and it was clear he would play this game in Norway and then let's see what will come.
'But I know I can rely on Marc and count on him.'
It's indeed likely to be a busy few days in Merseyside as the transfer window comes to an end, with Liverpool also expected to submit a huge second bid to Newcastle for Alexander Isak.
The Reds had an initial offer worth around £110m rejected earlier this summer, with the Magpies keen to bring in replacements for the on-strike Swede before letting him go.
They're now edging closer to signing the two strikers they desire, after Stuttgart's Nick Woltemade completed a £65m move to St James' Park on Friday.
Eddie Howe's side are also still working on deals for Brentford's Yoane Wissa and Wolves' Jorgen Strand Larsen which, if completed, could see Isak's sale sanctioned.
Palace have already lost their talesman Eberechi Eze in a £68m deal to Arsenal this summer

The Reds meanwhile are expected to return with a huge offer for Alexander Isak before Monday's deadline

Arne Slot admitted Liverpool will strengthen if the right players become available at the right price in his press conference ahead of the Arsenal game on Sunday.
The Dutchman said : ‘Newcastle have signed a new No 9 (Nick Woltemade from Stuttgart) which is very nice for Eddie (Howe). Newcastle, if it’s true, and I have no reason to not believe what you are saying, are about to sign a new No 9.
‘That’s very nice for Eddie as Anthony Gordon is suspended and Alexander Isak has not been training with the team, so it’s nice to have a new No 9. I think I said after Monday, I could make a sub to impact the game.
‘As always we try to sign players to help us but there are no reasons to think after two games we need more.
‘We will always try to strengthen if it’s the right player at the right price. There are only a few days left (of the transfer window being open), so let's see. There are only three or four days to go now, so let's see if we do something.’
The Reds host Arsenal in a top of the table clash at Anfield on Sunday.