Newcastle agree £65million transfer for Stuttgart star Nick Woltemade
NEWCASTLE have agreed a £65million deal for Stuttgart striker Nick Woltemade, SunSport understands.
Eddie Howe 's side are in the final stages of negotiations with the German giants after a frantic dash to strike a deal.
3 Nick Woltemade is on his way to Newcastle to complete a £65million transfer Credit: Shutterstock Editorial

3 Woltemade was a beaten finalist in the European Championship 21s tournament this summer. Credit: Getty

SunSport understands Woltemade, 23, has already agreed personal terms with Newcastle , and a deal could be just hours away from completion.
The Toon will pay a club record £65million package, worth £60.5million and a further £4.5million in add-ons.
Woltemade, who has two Germany caps, will travel to the North East TONIGHT to complete a medical, as per the Daily Mail .
Acording to Sky Germany , the player has already said his goodbyes.
Woltemade will line up alongside a familiar face in Timo Livramento upon his arrival at St James' Park, with the pair having faced off earlier this summer in the European Championship u21s final between England and Germany.
He makes the move to the North East after just one season with Stuttgart, having joined them from Werder Bremen last summer.
He scored 17 goals in all competitions last season, including a crucial goal in the DFB-Pokal final - which Stuttgart went on to win.
Such was his breakthrough season that he earned himself a title as the heir apparent to Harry Kane's throne at Bayern Munich - though their interest in him has since fizzled out.
The Athletic reports the German champions had THREE bids for Woltemade knocked back earlier this summer.
Man Utd were also interested in Woltemade this summer - as exclusively revealed by SunSport - but the Red Devils ultimately opted for fellow Bundesliga star Benjamin Sesko .
Woltemade's imminent arrival could yet be the catalyst for Alexander Isak joining Liverpool .
SunSport revealed last week Reds chiefs have sanctioned a British record £130million move for the Swede - and are confident that will be enough to prise him away.
Eddie Howe is also pursuing a deal for Wolves star Jorgen Strand Larsen - but has so far been unsuccessful.
The player had expressed a desire to leave Molineux, but was ultimately told it was too late in the transfer window, so the move failed to materialise.
Newcastle, however, are still expected to sign ANOTHER striker before the window slams shut on Monday night, having already lost Callum Wilson at the end of last season.
3
